is it ok that my daughter just starting to learn how to crawl and she's eight months?

diana407

Asked by diana407 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Why wouldn't it be? Some kids crawl earlier. Some kids crawl later. Some never crawl at all. She is actually about average for kids that do crawl. Crawling isn't a milestone that doctors look for.

If you haven't done so yet, get down on your hands and knees and take a long tour of your home. What can you reach that she shouldn't? What dangerous things are under your normal eye level? Baby proof, baby proof, baby proof. She will be walking before you know it and escaping your direct supervision in the blink of an eye.

Check out the milestone charts at BabyCenter.com... http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sure is!!!!
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 11:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yes that's awesome. My daughter was 10 1/2 months when she start crawling.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I agree.. all kids are diff,I have 4 kids and they all did it at diff stages.. My girls crawled around 9 months ,my son started at 7 months.. they have there own pace!. my older sister never crawled,they said she started walking first.. so its all good :)
    MustangGirl08

Answer by MustangGirl08 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008