Once defrosted, do you have to cook a turkey right away?

Well, MIL cooked Christmas dinner yesterday, but on Sunday, my sister and her family are coming over and that is when we are doing our Christmas, so I will be cooking that meal, so I am about to take my turkey out of the freezer in a little bit . . . it says 20 hours to defrost a 10lb turkey, so I figure . . I'll take it out before I go to bed, because I won't start cooking it until around 8:00 Sunday morning. Is it okay to prepare it tomorrow night and let it sit in the fridge until the next morning? I cook a lot, but this is my first Turkey . . . lol . . I'm a turkey virgin!!!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Yep it's fine, just keep it in fridge, until about 15 minutes before u put it in oven. It will cook more even ly at room temp. Good luck-it's pretty easy.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yup, it will be fine, i did the same thing!.. i cooked my first turkey in august... strange i know... but i was trying to clear out my freezer!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Great!! Thanks Ladies!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008