Cradle Cap?

I am wondering about cradle cap care? I would rather not use baby oil. I think my daughter has cradle cap or it could be her hair didn't get rinsed really well the last time I bathed her here, or it could be the shampoo I used. She's almost 23 months old and recently decided rinsing her hair wasn't something she was going to tolerate for very long during a shower. Anyway, thanks in advance for help with this.

babygoose78

Asked by babygoose78 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't think you can get cradle cap at that age... idk... maybe just very dry scalp...
    Anonymous

• You can still get cradle cap at that age. My oldest son had it very badly up until he was a little older than 2. I bought a special brush from Walmart. It has a scrubber brush on one side and a sponge on the other. You place the shampoo in the handle and then press the button on the handle to dispense i.e. the dish washer brush. It helped a lot. It was all cleared up within the week.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Heat a little bit of olive oil & let it sit for about an hour , do this everyday & it will go away : )
    FRANCINE818

Answer by FRANCINE818 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My daughter is 16 months and She has had cradle cap for the last 2 months... Dr. Said it was cradle cap. I use creamy baby oil and the bay hair scrub brushes. It is working.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 3:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I just rub it with the fine comb when I am nursing her for a couple minutes. Sarah's is peeling off.

I am not sure if shampoo is the cause of it or not, though.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• use lotion at night time. Its just dried up skin. I used baby oil at night time too, when he fell asleep but I grew up on using baby oil. I still use baby oil on my own skin. Anyhow I would try some lotion on it for a few times but there is a shampoo out there for cradle cap. Anyone at any age can get it.... my oldest 14 has it!!! We took him to the dr because he keeps getting this dry patch on his head, I thought he wasnt raising his hair well enough until the hair dresser said its dry skin.... the dr said its cradle cap, he now has to use different shampoo then the rest of the family.
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 9:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I use T-Gel on my baby about once a week or so. She was getting it and if you do it once a week it will help keep it from coming back. Obviously make sure to rinse it off well and keep it out of the baby's eyes. They also have a special Cradle Cap rinse you can get in the baby section if you don't want to try other dandruff shampoos.
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008