Can I get induced if my baby is already 6lbs and my mucus plug is coming out and I'm 38weeks if I'm in pain real bad pain down there is it ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have been induced ( b/c of mild b/p complications)l 2 times... just let it happen.. these last painful moments are brief. this too shall pass!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• as long as there is no other reason than you being in pain no doctor will induce you...sorry. But loosing your mucus is a sign of starting labor. once its all gone you should start within 24 hours
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You can always ask your doctor... From my experience (I've been induced twice) most doctors want you to 40 weeks, or have serious medical grounds for induction. Preeclampsia, water breaks, concern over the baby, etc. Pain and discomfort are unfortunately pretty normal. As the baby drops you get a *lot* of sharp pressure. Also, induction can fail... most doctors wait until you seem to be a good canidate. My doctor actually as a scoring system which is based on how ripe the cervix is, how dilated I am, etc. Losing your plug can happen weeks away from labor. Sorry Momma - but either way you're getting close!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I highly doubt your doctor would induce you. Pain is normal. You are almost there. You have made it 38 weeks! You can make it the final stretch!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• While I completely understand what you're saying...I had Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction with my last and was in agony every time I moved for four months...your doctor probably won't do it. You're so close now. It won't be too much longer, even if it seems like an eternity. And when you're holding that little one you'll realize it was all worth it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It's not that I'm being selfish ok I do want to wait but the pain is so bad could that mean she's almost ready to come out?my doc told if I wanted to just go to the hospital and claim contractions I can I don't what she meant by that it sounds like she would induce me is that what it sounds like?
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Every pregnancy is different, talk to your doctor about the pain. He/She will advise you what's best for you & your baby. Just said a prayer for you, and I hope the pain subsides and that all goes well with your delivery. Hang in there!!!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You can't claim you're having contractions - they have a monitor that tells them wether you're telling the truth or not. Its the second belt they put on you, one monitors the baby's heartbeat the other tracks your contractions. You're close. Hang in there.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Talk to your doctor about the pain. I don't think that he will do it if it isn't medically necessary but when I had to be induced at 30 wks b/c of preeclampsia they guessed his weight at 3 lbs 4 ozs and he was born at 3 lbs 3 ozs. If it's not medically necessary I would wait, but if it is everything should be fine.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Ok I appetciate the advice I know she's almost here Im just so exited to see my Lil girl
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008