My 2 year old boy will not use the potty

He is so smart, he talks perfect, can say anything and is ready to use the potty, but he refuses to use it. When I ask him why he used his pants, he says he didn't want to use the potty. He will use his underwear or diaper and then come and tell me he needs changed.lol Its kinds funny, but I'm really getting frustrated.

luv.2b.mommy

Asked by luv.2b.mommy at 11:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you don't have carpets you could always try taking the diapers and underwear off and leaving him bare bottomed. I know my son doesn't like having accidents when he's nekkid, so he always asks to use the potty. But if I put diapers or underwear on him he just goes in them.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Is he afraid of falling in? Or are you using a potty chair? Perhaps whichever you are using, try switching to the other- either the toilet or a potty chair. My sons weren't ready until they were 3 and dry at night, but it sounds as though your little one is ready.

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Dont get frustrated, I learned in my childhood education class, everthing is on a time line with children, remember he won't be an adult using diapers. advance children take time to use the potty or in some cases take longer to speak.
    genna71

Answer by genna71 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2008