7 Wks along and feeling nauseated but not vomitting, is this normal?

I am 7wks along and have been feeling nauseated on and off ALL day long. I am not throwing up, but sudden movement, standing up fast, warm bath's, and some smells make my stomach really turn. Is this normal, and if so, do you think if this will lead to me vomitting and it's just a start of what's about to come?

MOMMYHINZE

Asked by MOMMYHINZE at 11:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is normal. Early in my second pregnancy I would get nauseous at night and the smell of my husband's cologne and body wash and humidity made me sick.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yes its normal. Just because your not throwing up does not mean its not morning sickness. I had lots of the nauseated feeling without the throwing up. Food, smell, standing up, walking would make me sick to my stomach. You may throw up or you may never throw up. Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Ohhh yes. Very normal. For some women, it never leads to vomiting (lucky!!!). For some others, like me, it can turn into vomiting & last for most of the pregnancy. But yes, all of the things you're experiencing sound totally normal. Been there myself. Try Jolly Ranchers, saltine crackers, ginger ale, etc. Certain things do help to tone it down a bit, but honestly, nothing will really make it totally go away.

Congrats!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yup, it's normal. And you may never actually get sick. I had the same thing with my last. Every day the nausea would start at 11am and last all day. Did that for three months, but I never once threw up. Sometimes I found myself wishing I would just so I could get a few minutes of relief from it...LOL!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You may be one of the lucky ones that never vomits. I personally get very nauseas threw out my entire pregnancy. So much so that I puke during labor. But I also know some women that just get a little queasy at certain scents. Each woman and each pregnancy is different. Yours is completely normal don't stress about it.
    If you really start getting nauseas you should try eating small frequent meals, moving a little slower than normal so not to up end your tummy, and buy lemon scented candles and burn them. Or just have a lemon on hand to smell. And when you get something to drink make sure that it's COLD and that you sip it. Apple juice works great!
    Good Luck!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Probably, but I was barfing up a lung every couple hours at 7 weeks! I get nauseous easily even when I'm not pregnant so horrible morning sickness came as no surprise. But congrats!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I only threw up once during my pregnancy.
    If you make sure that you don't have an empty stomach, it really helps with the nausea. Try keeping crackers with you.
    tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 1:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I felt the same way and never threw up until I was in labor.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 1:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• its totally normal. just being pregnant :) but it doesnt mean you will throw up. i was like this for a while up until about 13-14 weeks and i never threw up. i am now 33 weeks and STILL havent thrown up :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes. I felt sooooo nauseated during this one for ALONG time till I finally started throwing up. Some may not even throw up. They are all different
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 2:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2008