Any older moms trying to conceive again?? I just turned 39 & sometimes having second thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Hi I'm 42 I have a 24 yo and an 18 yo.. I'm a Doula (professional labor support) and I'm TTC :)
    Shazzylynne

Answer by Shazzylynne at 12:27 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am 36 and preg, if u have questions feel free to email me. : o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Why do you have second thoughts???

You are not getting any younger at least have one. I had my babies at age 37 and 39 I loved it because I got to do finish my career then I got to start my family and I love it. Some moms start having children at an early age (which is their porogative) then start a career and some have it easy and some struggle alittle (either they are not with their so/dh or don't have a reliable baby sitter or whatever the reason) I wish them luck but I am very happy to be an older mom I try to keep my self looking up to date but not too young. I am 45 right now but feel 30 with kids they will always keep you busy. I have no regrets....Thank you Lord for my blessings and more.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I feel the same Anoym. I'm 38 just had my first , thinking of another but that means staying home longer, not being able to finish my career (schooling) & it's really tight money wise but should I let that stop me?? I don't know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I want one more. I'm 38 now though & finding its not that easy. Some months I think we should just give up. My oldest is 18 now & its like..do I want another baby? So yeah I know how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am 36 and I my son is turning one next week and I want him to have a sibling. I want to get PG next August so I will be 37 going on 38 when i have baby 2. (I hope) Anyway I know how you feel but I know in 10 years if I dont have baby 2 I will regret it.

Our money is tight too so age, money, time effort all factors but in the end the heart wins over the mind.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am 37, trying for my third pregnancy. I may already be Just waiting a few more days to test. Got four days before Im pose to start, and have symptoms of being pg, like nausia and peeing constantly, and breast changes, a lot of the early signs. We had intercourse several times during my fertile cycle and the day of peak O.V. I am hoping it took but would also be lying if I said I didn't ask my self what the heck am I doing trying to have another baby, and wondering if this is the right time. ETC I think it's normal to question one self. E I have two girls now, and my DH has two boys and a girl. So yeah, most people would think we are nuts already having 5 kids between us ages 17, 15, 8, 4 and two. Crazy or not, strange or not, we both want this and we both know the ropes, so I say if you want it then go for it, and it's normal to question one's sanity >

Dare2Bme71

Answer by Dare2Bme71 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm 37 & contemplating baby #4. I change my mind every day. DH wants another real bad and I could go either way depending on the day you ask me. I hope to make up my mind here soon because among all the other factors I don't want there to be a big gap between #3 & #4. The oldest 2 are 2 years apart & I would like the younger 2 to be no more than 3 years apart. Best of luck to you!
    Anonymous

• I have children 15 through to 6 and don't think I would want anymore at this time in my life.I had several miscarriages in between and had other health issues to consider.I had my first one at 23 and my last one at 33.The age gap is difficult at times coupled with the fact that my younger ones also have learning/behaviors so I sometimes wonder if I should n't have had them earlier and closer together.I wonder if my age had something to do with it as my older one was fine.
    Anonymous

• I had 4 miscarriages - baby, miss, miss, baby, miss, trip to the fertility doctor - 2 mo. on clomid - baby, miss, trip to the fertility doctor - 4th mo. on clomid this month. I am 36 so i hope to have one more and soon. It's not up to us - this is what i am going through since everyone around me is pregnant and I have been trying for 12 mo. now.
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008