how long dose it take to stop hurting after a c section?

its been 3 weeks it stopped hurting last week but now its hurting agian.
ive had some problems i had a drain & after i got out of the hospital it started leaking out of the drain scar. i went to the hospital & they gave me antibiotics.

redivy

Asked by redivy at 12:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My incision didn't heal until like 5 weeks pp, but now almost 6 months pp, it still is very sensitive. I hope you do better than I have.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• it's not uncommon for you to have some pain even years after.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I was sore for some time afterwards. No heavy lifting. It took me a while to heal, due to DM.
    duets

Answer by duets at 1:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It tooke me a bit more than a month and then I'd get weird sharp pains for about 4 years after.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I had three c sections, It takes a damn long time for the hurting to stop, for me it took about three to four weeks. Please what ever you do take it easy, always remember you went thru major sugery, let the family take care of you for a little while.
    genna71

Answer by genna71 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008