How do you get your kids to try new food??

matthewsmama83

Asked by matthewsmama83 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try, try again.
    My DD loved baby food peas. But it took over 30 tries before she would try real peas.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• The rule in my house is that you have to try everything on your plate. If you don't like it don't eat it. The next time it is on your plate you still have to try it. I am a very picky eater, and I don't want that for my kids. There isn't much that my kids won't eat. Their taste buds are still developing, so what they don't like this week they might like next week.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• sometimes i hide it lol i mix it with other foods and try it different ways
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• When I was younger my mother always made us eat just a mouthful or two when we were at home, so that when we were out we wouldn't be rude and reject food that other people had served us. I've never had any problems with my DD yet - she's loved everything I've given her, but once I do come across problems I will do the same thing.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 8:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have tried to act over exaggerated when I try it in hopes of exciting him about the new food. Also, remind the child of something new they have tried recently (that they liked) and how much they liked it.
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• good job jazak, i have the same rule, just keep trying it and you never know...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I read on some study that keep offering it. It may take 80 times but they may enjoy it. My daughter just started liking veggies.
    mommakline

Answer by mommakline at 11:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• depending on the age..try getting them to help fix it..they seem more willing when it something that they helped with or try hiding it in something that they like
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 3:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2008