What made your day on Christmas?

Mine was when my daughter and my stepdaughters were in their room and were getting ready for bed. Two grabbed their bibles and my stepdaughter shouted "this is like a Jesus house...everyone here cares about Jesus". :)

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 1:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• my husband made my day because I didn't even know if he would be around, but he was more than just present, he was really here and involved!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• aww ! Every yr we sing happy bday to jesus and make a wish for our family...but the most special moments were just being together and laughing and forgetting all our stress.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My husband had worked late (from home) on the night before Christmas Eve and we had gotten in an argument about it, nothing big but still... one of the things I had said was that I felt like I wasn't a priority like his work. (Pregnancy hormones and basic frustrations) One of my gifts was a list of reasons why he loves me... it was framed, printed on special paper.. he had been working on it for weeks. I cried. (I posted the full text on my journal) I know he loves me, he is a wonderful man.. but sometimes doing that something extra is appreciated. I loved it. It wasn't expensive, it was heartfelt.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Looking at the excitement on my children's faces
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• my FIL gave my DD a charm bracelet & made her first charm. he's going to give her a new charm every year. i had always wanted a charm bracelet as a little girl & had planned on getting her one & the fact that he not only got one for my baby girl but MADE the first charm makes it all the more special. also, my DD was given a little box my MIL had made when she was a girl. its for small objects she finds as a kid & finds important. my MIL had given it to my DH's half sister (my MIL was her stepmom) who decided my MIL would want my DD to have it.
    my DDs only 6mo so this stuff means nothing to her right now, but to me it means so much!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Hearing my son say Merry Christmas to everyone all day... especially to my grandpa on the phone!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My dh's fire pager did not go off for the first time on Christmas in yrs... no tragic car accidents... no fires... a good day... one shouldn't ask for more than that...

Blessed Be...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I was here together with my kids and my husband. We had a good dinner, there were minimal presents but no complaining, and not one meltdown all day. Michael even told me "I wuv you!!" That alone made the day perfect. But everything together was just wow. Couldn't ask for more.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• There was almost no fighting, the kids didn't whine about what they did or didn't get and we got to watch Wall-e which I really enjoyed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008