Safe to eat during pregnancy?

I'm 37 weeks pregnant... I ate some Japanese food tonight, which was stir-fry that was only zucchini & onions, with their ginger salad dressing on a salad... I now have the worst heartburn... it's been going on for like five hours. Are all three safe to eat during pregnancy... zucchini, onions, and ginger? Any idea's on how to help it, I've taken tums and drank sprite... do any of those things effect the baby? I now have the runs.... really bad also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they are fine. sprite & tums also dont do anything to the baby. you could have the runs for many reasons but not because you ate some vegetables & ginger. Ginger is good for morning sickness, btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• DO NOT DRINK ANYMORE POP! It had acid which will hurt u worse. Drink milk ,but not too much it can make the runs worse, and lots of water and keep w/the tums.I bet it was the onions. I am 5 months preg and the heartburn is killing me too. hope u feel better soon.,
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It could be that they cooked in an oil that didn't agree with you - peanut oil or something similar. Some women develop new allergies or food sensitivities during pregnancy. You can take Mylanta as well. Drink lots of water. It should run its course. Sorry to hear you're in discomfort.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• All three are safe, although the onions and zucchini can be pretty gassy, which is probably why you have the heart burn. Ginger is actually really good for easing morning sickness and is highly reccommended in general during pregnancy... You might want to eat some plain bread or crackers to help absorb your stomach acid, and try not to lie down for awhile.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 1:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• ok..i Love going to japanese resturants and one that i go to has the salad w the ginger and the fried zhucinni and onions..never has it given me heart burn or hurt me..i know everyones different but my point is, no the food itself is not going to hurt you. take tums, the L&D nurses told me to take that once.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• all three are fine. take a shot size glass of vinegar. and it will make your heartburn go away almost instantly.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• get you some zantac from the store. It is totally safe for you and baby..The best thing invented for heartburn...Also milk is really good for the heartburn and tums are great too...Man I hated them days of my pregnancies. Now I still get it and my son is 7mths old.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 8:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• All those things are natural foods. that was a healthy meal. Heartburn is part of pregancy. Milk really works. Try not to use zantac, use only natural products , play it safe so you don't have to question yourself if the product is safe during pregnancy.
    genna71

Answer by genna71 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2008