I had the Mirena taken out in October so that we could start trying for another baby - I should have gotten my period this past Sunday - & still haven't yet. I took a pregnancy test but it was negative - which sux. I really want to take another test but I'm really not wanting to get my hopes up. What do I do?

tcmeeler

Asked by tcmeeler at 1:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I would take 2 more tests and then accept you are not preg YET. Why sit and let yourself be that hopeful when u can just find out.That would be harder on me than taking the test and being disappointed kwim? Hang in there you haven't been trying long and keep trying. Good luck hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i always bought a 2 pack of test, i'd take one a few days later if i still didn't have my period. it's easier to just be sure that your not pregnant
    2manygirls

Answer by 2manygirls at 1:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• give it a few more days and try agian. Morning pee is the best time to test.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I got pregnant after taking the Mirena out. I had 3 negative tests and a negative blood test. I was pregnant the whole time. You might have ovulated late and there's not enough hormones for the test to pick up yet. Good luck and lots of baby dust!
    bdeluna

Answer by bdeluna at 9:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• umm wait a while and find out i waited till i was 2 weeks late and it came positive. so wait for a lil bit more then ull get ur answer and i have a question for u does mirana work??? did u have to use other protection????
    mom_of_one09

Answer by mom_of_one09 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I got my Mirena out in october, too! I have been having weird cycles since then, and I've gotten my hopes up once now, too. Try to just wait, because it could just be a long cycle. I am still not back to normal, this cycle was a 31 day cycle, when before mirena I had 26 day cycles. That was 5 days that I was SURE i was pregnant, tested every day, only to get my period late. not because i was pregnant, but because of my body still adjusting to being off birth control. It was just my body adjusting back to normal. If you are trying then I hope you are pregnant! But try to at least not waste money on tests, because it may just be your body trying to get over birth control. They say it takes 3 cycle to be 'back to normal'
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008