MIL gave my 2 year old a hedgehog for Christmas.....

I don't know what in the hell to do with it. It scares her, pokes her and freaks us all out.

I don't want to hurt dear MIL feelings, but this is abnormal. Any suggestions? I am seriously considering giving it back to MIL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG lmao...a freakin hedgehog. I am laughing so hard I am crying here lol. Give it bck and say "she loved it but is allergic her doc said" should sooth feelings. Omg too funny.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:27 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Wow, I would be pissed if my parents or MIL bought a pet without consulting me first -- knowing full well it would be me and DH taking care of it. I probably would have said it can stay at her house :(
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• http://hedgehogcentral.com/

Just remember it isn't the hedgehog's fault.  Should your MIL have bought a pet without warning, no, but it's done.  They really are awesome pets, but I think it borders on animal abuse to give a pet like that to a child that young.  Not without full knowledge and support of the parents who will actually end up the caregivers. 

I have an online friend who has a hedgehog.  I might can get some more info and tips from her if you'd like.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Your kid is two. She should have consulted with you and hubby first before buying her a pet. Really, who is the one that is going to be taking care of it? I think your hubby should be the one to talk to her about the "pet ". If she truly understands where you two are coming from she will take it back.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2008