Whats considered a normal weight for a 2month old?

Im not sure how much my daughter weighs she goes for shots on monday and will find out then...but I think shes under 12lbs which most websites say it should double...any ideas??

michellesgirls2

Asked by michellesgirls2 at 2:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average weight of a 2 month old baby girl is 11 lbs. I wouldn't worry about the weight right now since it would double between months 3 to 4
    omgsnap

Answer by omgsnap at 3:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2011

• Don't stress, my daughter was so much longer and weighed more than the average 2 month old, she's never been unhealthy and at almost 3 is very tall. Just be ready for these questions- how much is she eating? How many dirty diapers does she have daily? Are you bf and how are you eating if you are? How is her sleep habits? If this isn't the dr when she was born, was she a small new born? Don't be concerned unless the dr is.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2011

• My daughter was born June 9th and she is just under 12 lbs...She is just starting to transition from 0-3 months to 3-6 month clothes.
    LillyMommy

Answer by LillyMommy at 4:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2011

• All 5 of mine were between 10-12 lbs at 2 months.

Answer by missanc at 8:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2011

• Your question is sort of like asking what a 24 year old should weigh. There's no one answer that's correct; it will vary based on height.

Average gain, however, is one to 1.5 pounds per month. So your two month old should be two to three pounds above LOWEST weight, not birth weight. Birth weight is something to write down and forget. Measure gain from lowest weight.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2011

• thanks yall its just im not used to this my other two girls was never this small i will find out tomorrow how much she weighs she gets her first shots ugh!
    michellesgirls2

Comment by michellesgirls2 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I don't think there is a 'normal'. The range is pretty wide and there are many variables.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• well she weighs 10lbs 15oz. and is 22 in. long shes awesome thanks all
    michellesgirls2

Comment by michellesgirls2 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2011