What will help my swelling?

i am 5 months preg and my right foot/ankle is swollen bad. I am cleared of blood clots, it's just edema but i was wondering what can I do besides prop it up? Can I ice it or would heat help? I have an appt w/doc on the 30th and I think I will need a fluid pill but until then...any advice for my foot that looks like it could run a fred flintstone car lol?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• Try drinking lukewarm water - like straight from the tap, not super cold - mixed with lots of lemon juice. This helps to reduce swelling and helps remove toxins from your body at the same time. I'm 38, almost 39 weeks now, but when I was 35-36 weeks I lost 4 lbs because I had been out of lemon juice and was only drinking water for about 2 weeks. I felt so, so bloated and my feet were like water balloons. In only 9 days drinking water with lemon again, I lost 4 lbs of fluid even though the baby was at the stage to be gaining 1/2 lb a week. Dr said I looked much better. I always sleep with pillows under my feet - usually the pillows from my couch because they are the biggest ones in our house! LOL I also only sit with my feet up either on the couch or in a recliner during the day. I try to stay off my feet for more than 30-45 minutes at a time when possible, and to put them back up asap if I have to be on them more than that.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• all i know is to stay off our feet completely (if possible) as much as possible. and to prop them .. i use like 10 pillows when im swollen lol.

:( im sorry i couldnt help more
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2008