he broke your heart and you still stayed with him

how many of you stayed with a guy after he broke your heart and and contined to do it until he was finished and got ready to change ? Or how many of you stayed with a guy because you knew that once he got himself together he was gonna be the perfect man for you ? what did you do and how did you cope with it in the mean time ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• The only man I stayed with like this was my husband - because we were married. There was a lot wrong for a long time - like more than 4 years, and then another 2 that were bearable but still not "good" - but my faith in Yeshua got me through and led me to love him even when he was not lovable. Now it's been 4 years of more good than bad, and 2 really good years. He thinks I'm wonderful and he cherishes me. I'd hate to think where I'd be if I'd have taken the easy way out and not obeyed the Bible. Everyone's situation isn't like mine and anyone in an abusive situation should leave. But leaving wasn't what I was supposed to do. 10 yrs later I look at our 5 beautiful children and 1 on the way and I'm so glad I never considered it.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm doing it now..staying because i am waiting for him to lie up to his "potential". I ask myself :what does he add to my happiness d what does he take away. Right now he's adding heartache and taking away who I am. I wasted 10m yrs waiting for ex to change, I don't want to waste anymore time. PP said only abused women shoul"go against the bible"? what about abuse to my soul? what about the fact that I don't even know who I am anymore? Does God want that for me? i don't think so because I know God loves me and wants me to be the best I can for Him. You are not alone-all of us have stayed too long w/something way fr gone.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I did with my husband...but I made it clear what I expected of him, and the time frame he was working with. He made the changes I needed him to pronto...because he knew I was serious wheni said I'd walk away. We are now the happiest married couple I know.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 4:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• This happend a couple years back with my ex boyfriend he cheated on me and I knew it and he tried to talk to one of my good friends. Everyone told me to leave him alone cuz he was a dog but i didnt listen. Long story short I ended up getting pregnant and he is an even worse father than he was a bf. We broke up when I was 3 months pregnant. So I guess it took me getting pregnant to realize how much of a jerk and a waste of time he really was
    Anonymous