I'm going on 38weeks and me and my husband were trying to have intercourse but it hurt while he was trying to insert it it felt like my walls of my vagina were closing or really tight what does that mean? also if just started losing my mucus plug sorry tmi

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its probably just pressure down there. it makes it tighter. mine is like that sometimes too. try lube. or tell your dr before you have sex again just to ensure its alright. ask about using lube too.

what about your mucus pplug?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• You are very swollen in your vaginal area. Very typical at 38 weeks. Mucous plugs can be lost and nothing more happen. Sometimes if they are followed by some "bloody show" they can be a signal that labor is coming soon.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My mucus plug is starting to come out and I also have diarrhera sorry for putting that out there but my mom said something about my system cleaning out and getting prepared for labor is that true?
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• yeah thats true, but it doesnt necisarilly mean you will be going into labor soon. not to be gross lol but ive had diarrhea for a few weeks too.

its normal it does clean out your system for labor though but doesnt mean labor is coming soon.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Oh men LOL ok well I really appreciate the advice thanks so much sorry for tmi I'm just so anxious I'm going to my dc appt next Tuesday so I'll see what she says thanks again.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Actually diarr. is an early sign of labor...how early is up to your body. The pain is caused by your baby dropping into position to be born. Call doc if it makes u feel better but I say, just relax and wait...not long now mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• :D ur welcome...!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008