when is it okay to say

"i cant wait until s/he is here!" "i hope i go into labor soon..." etc...

and literally meaning you hope you go into labor soon.
what week is it okay to say this without people saying its too early or being rude....
because i absolutel canno wait and i hope he comes out soon but i feel like if i say it now people will think im horrible or something...sometimes women are VERY rude... lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• As soon as you know you just cant take it anymore lol
    im 34 weeks and say it on a daily basis lol
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 3:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Most babies after 37 weeks are considered full term and are healthy enough for life outside the womb without any problems. I'd say after that point it would be ok to say. That shouldn't draw offense unless you're like "I am 37 weeks and I'm asking to be induced so I can get this over with. I'm tired of pg!" That would be offensive regardless of what week, unless you're already beyond 40! LOL Just wanting to see your baby and being excited is normal. As long as you convey that in your comments about it, I cannot see how it would be seen as something horrible. And yes, sometimes women are rude. :-)
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I say I cannot wait everyday lol . If people say something rude I say something like"go sell grouchy someplace else I am not buying." that usually shuts people up lol. Say it all u want mama!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• When you are pregnant it's amazing how much advice you can get. And really you can say anything you want about how you feel-!
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 3:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• uhgggg...I was pregnant with twins and went 38 weeks...I recall saying I am done get them out as early as 28 weeks,In fact at like 34 weeks I fought with my Dr. about it because when I first found out it was twins, he said I would likely only carry to 34 weeks. Once I hit that mark, I was for real DONE. I really didn't care what anyone else thought...but saying and doing are two different things, and I am thrilled that I carried so long.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 4:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• im 26 weeks and im already saying I want her out not because she's bothering me but Im ready to be a mommy to her
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm almost 37 weeks and I have been saying it for a few weeks now. but i have mostly because I have been pregnant more often then not the last 3yrs. literally I found out i was pregnant with my first in Jan 06. he is 29m old. then i got pregnant with my second in april 07 she turned 1 yesterday and then this one in april 08 so i'm just done being pregnant PERIOD!!!! I glad this is my last 3 is enough for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The safe mark in considered 36 weeks because thats suppose to be when the babies lungs are developed enough but just like they develop different when they get out in to the real world I'm sure they develop different in the womb to... so I'd be hoping for 39 weeks at the least just to be sure your baby it completely ready. I was the same way to... I wanted to hope I went into labor... but I also didn't want to hope to early lol.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It's natural to be excited and uncomfortable. Don't let people make you feel bad. Safe is around 37 weeks. It doesn't matter if you say that you hope the baby comes soon, labor will start when it's ready. Congratulations on your coming joy! Best of luck.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm only 22 weeks and absolutely cannot wait!!! LOL obviously I don't want to go into labor but I can't wait! ...who cares what other people think!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008