Why not stand up?

I understand posting anon. when u feel embarrassed or it's very personal, but I don't understand those who post anon. to be rude. If you feel so strongly about your opinions why not name yourself, why be weak? Is it just to cause trouble , your bored...I don't get it.I think cafe mom needs to get rid of anon because I see too many people being intentionally hurtful, for the joy of it. Does anyone know if cafe mom admid can see the anon posts real profiles? if so why aren't more people kicked off for blatent meaness? I thought this site was about helping each other. if I wanted to get torn down-i'd just try to talk to my so while he's being an ass.

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 3:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I agree. I am not one to post anon even in the religion or politics type areas where people just let it all hang out. I stand by my opinion. Otherwise, why have one? It does say below, where you click to be anon, that your account can be suspended or canceled if your anon answers are disrespectful. Since it says that, they should stand by it. I'm not sure how they would or what all that entails though. Maybe only if the comment is reported do they check into it. ?
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes they can...they know who anon is. Report them if you see it and they will get suspended and/or kicked off if they are reported enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• it shouldnt matter who is saying the comment. just WHAT the comment says if its a rude comment, of course that isnt nice and shouldnt be done but people can be rude. just report it and if it breaks rules then cafemom will send the person a nice email explaining what rule they broke and delete the comment and after so many times of being reported (anon or not) that person could get deleted or suspended.

cafemom DOES know who says what even if the person is anonymous.

even if youre not anonymous, a person can be rude and act like they are someone else.... i would just ignore the rude ones or report them. and i dont think cafemom shuold delete anonymous option. it helps with certain situations. yes some people use it to be rude, but the consequence, report them and theyll get in trouble.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I like being anon. If you abuse it you get in trouble. Anywho, some ppl get all upset just because they dont have a name to profile they can go yell at if they dont like the answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have never yelled at anyone just because they disagreed w/me. I think different opinions make life fun. but I agree w/pp, be proud of your opinions-it shows your character. ty ladies for the input.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I agree! I welcome anybody's opinion no matter how different as long as they aren't mean about it.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2008