• In the Spotlight:

how close do you think a person can get to god

do you think that god be talking to us . Like he be telling us things in dream and in situations. or say if you was in church and the pastor was like well god toldme to tell you this...............would you belive them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think sometimes yeah but some no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes, I believe God speaks to us. However, anytime someone else says "God told me to tell you this" I would be looking for God to confirm that to me directly. Since I believe I can know Him personally, I don't have much reason for Him to use other people to speak to me something He won't speak to me directly.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• When he says "God told me" did he then quote Scripture? if so then he is using God's word to us to help convey a lesson, but if he says "God talked to me last night and we had coffee"...ect... well I'd say I don't think so...

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• If God tells you to do something, or someone tells you they have a message for you you first compare if it lines up biblically, and yes it is possible.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm wary of ministers who claim to have received a "rhema word" from God. I don't doubt that God can speak through whomever He pleases, but I believe most times the people who claimed He has spoken to them are liars.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes, I believe God speaks to us all the time. The problem is we rarely remember to listen. But go ahead, ask God a specific question. And then prepared to get the answer. It doesn't always come in a voice. It may be a book that grabs your attention at the store. Or it could be something your friend says, or a song on the radio. But He will answer you. But if the "message" you receive seems to bring you "stress" or any negative emotion, it's probably not of God and I would be leary and proceed with caution. God bless!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes, God does speak to us, through us, and to and through ministers.. but as ColleenF30 said, make sure it lines up with what the word of God says. If it is contrary to what is in the bible... then it is not of God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Some christians get close enough that they think they ARE god!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• be? vocabulary police here..lol jk jk

Well, I think that there is a limit to how close you can get to God, I dont think God would want us to be shoulder to shoulder with him, otherwise he would no longer be God, ho would be one of us...
    Anonymous

• Yep, I think that God communicates with everyone, we choose whether or not to hear it.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 5:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2008