help w/drug dealers in building

We live in an apartment complex that has a major problem(just in my building of course) w/ drugs being dealt. These people sit in the hallway and run the drugs out to the cars that pull up. I am a recovering addict(2 yrs clean-yay me) and I know what they are doing-I lived it. my question is hat do I do? i call the police and I have spoken to the management numerous times and nothing changes. I am going to contact the office again on monday to let them know I called again and that I am so tired of walking thru them in the halls. FYI this was a nice place til about a yr ago, elderlyt people and hard working family people. Any other suggestions if the management continues to ignore it?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 4:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I used to have that happen in a complex I lived in when I was a single mom. What I ended up doing was documenting what I saw by writing down car tag numbers, descriptions and times people came by the building. I also got in touch with the dare officer instead of calling the police. They work with kids to prevent drug abuse and usually are more understanding and will get a hold of the right people. Plus with your documentation it helps them alot. They may be able to run a tag or two and see they are possibly known drug users or dealers.

Answer by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Are you making anonymous calls to the police? If you were ever in trouble for drugs, they may not believe you. Sad, but true. Don't use a phone they can trace to you. Use a payphone. Also, if that doesn't work, have a friend call in the "tip" of drug action going on ATM it is happening. You can also call the DEA. GL + congrats on being clean!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• CALL THE POLICE STATION YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME TELL THEM CALL AS MANY TIMES AS NEEDED TO HAVE THEM DO SOMETHING DON'T GO TO THE MANAGERS CALL THE PROPERTY OWNERS TELL THEM THAT THE MANAGERS IS NOT DOING A THING ABOUT IT MAYBE YOU CAN TAPE THEM IN ACTION ? BE CAREFUL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• ty ladies...nope no record so that isn't a prob. I am not sure why the management is not being more active in this-there is a zero drug policy here and even the prop manager has seen deals with her own eyes. The police just left and the hall is quiet for now. I wish I could tape them but it would be impossible w/o being seen. I'm counting the days until we move in march-it used to e such a nice place...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• GF you watch out for your son!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Best answer for you and everyone in your building is to hound the local police department sargent, corp. who every enjoys making the papers for drug bust. Ask everyone in your building to take turns calling in to the person who OWNS the building not just management all they want is rent they could care less about tennants unless you are late on rent. The elderly and the young will eventually get hurt if you guys don't take back your building. The prop manager probably just doesn't want to get involved but the owner will take interest because his property insurance can get cancelled if police document drug activity without taking action to stop it and have the tennants that are dealing pitched out! Stand strong, meet with your building neighbors and start your calls today!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• continued-contact building owner and request surveilance cameras be installed everywhere and post that all goings on will be on camera and police will be taking action on perps. If no trespassing signs are posted unless you are tennants they can be arrested and more than likely be carrying so its a start!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2008