has anyone else experienced a painful ct scan from the contrast die?

They told me it wasnt sopposed to hurt and when they did it it feel like my whole body just shot up in flames. Slowly entering my neck and to my brain, and down to my feet. I freaked out becuse they said it wouldnt hurt, that it was just make me feel like I had to pee..
But it hurt to the point where I screamed for them to stop and broke down in tears. Now my boyfriend is mad at me and says I dont care about my health or the baby i am carrying.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 6:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• OK, first things first: you were given contrast medium for a cat scan, and you are pregnant? Why are they doing a cat scan if you are pregnant? That is a serious amount of radiation for a fetus to be exposed to (I used to work for a Radiology clinic). Second, the contrast medium used for stomach/intestinal views DOES make you feel like you have to pee. Normally it cause a "warm" sensation throughout the body and a very strong sensation of urination. It should NOT "hurt" however. You MUST tell the doctor, and any other time in your life that you have a cat scan that you had a reaction to the contrast dye. Allergies to the dye can be serious and life-threatening. I am glad you are ok, but please be sure to tell the doctor when you see them next.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 4:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008