How long do you leave your tree and lights up?

I'm making my s/o take ours down on New Years day cuz I'm sick of the cats knocking down ornaments all day!

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 6:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have a real tree-it's already getting dry-will probably take down the 29th. Will leave the rest of the decorations until after New Years....
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 6:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I took mine down the moment I woke up yesterday morning. I didn't have to worry about cats, but I have a 1 and 2 year old that I had to battle with. lol. I was ready to see it all go! I always get excited when it's time to put it up, but I'm equally excited to see it go!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Til after (or on) the first. My DH says its bad luck to take the tree down before the first so Ill keep it up til then(make him happy).lol
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• ares will be up to new years cause we are having a new years party.... we have 3 cats and 2 dogs and they all try to play with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• New Years day.

Answer by gemgem at 8:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yesterday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Theoretically...new years day...realistically...June...lol. I get so lazy about taking that thing down. I've got to stuff it back in a box and lug it to a closet it hardly fits in and push and grunt to get it in there...lol...if it would just walk itself back in the way it was, I'd do it today! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• January 1st. We are all home that day so we turn on Christmas music for the last time, take down the tree, watch a few Christmas movies before they go into the Christmas box and dive into whatever is left over of the Gingerbread house, Christmas Cookies and left overs from Christmas Dinner. It is a tradition for our family and it is just an over all fun day, lol! Then on the 2nd, lol, we CLEAN LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE! :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• After the new year.
    ChefMomOf2

Answer by ChefMomOf2 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Everything stays up until our 7 yr old goes back to school on the 5th. I will start to take things down then and will be finished most likely by the following day...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2008