How long does an abort take at 2 months?

I'm two months along and have to abort otherwise i will die along with the baby. Is it painful, and how longs does the entire procedure (paperwork, recovery...etc..) take? i hate to join cafemom just to wind up aborting but...... i'm sorry ladies.

ScarlettCW

Asked by ScarlettCW at 6:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you know that, than you probably talked to your OB already. Ask them about all this stuff. Your OB can give you better answers on that.

My mom had to get an abortion a few years ago. She got pregnant because the condom broke and since she is a cancer patient she was not allowed to take any kind of birth control that would mess up her hormons. She tried the ring and other things but got infections from it. so only option left was condoms. She would have died if carry the baby.

Took her and the OB exactly 1 day to get the papers ready because it was kind of an emergency. she needed about 2-4 weeks to recover ect.

in your case it sounds like an emergency too. i wonder why your OB didnt talk to you, or better said why u dont talk to your ob
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• 45 minutes
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'd like to know where an abortion of a 2 month pregnancy takes 45 minutes. It takes 3 minutes. You will be in position (legs in stirrups) much longer than that though. The Dr will have to numb your cervix, then wait a few minutes to do the actual procedure. The cervix has to be dilated slightly and the Dr does not want to hurt you when doing that. Which is why you get the numbing medication in your cervix. The suction part, when yu hear the vacuum, etc, only takes a minute or so. HTH
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 10:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am sorry that you have to go through that. I am curious what reason you aren't able to carry the child? The idea is foreign to me, but I am interested it finding out.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• " I am sorry that you have to go through that. I am curious what reason you aren't able to carry the child? The idea is foreign to me, but I am interested it finding out. "

According to her webpage she is very sick with something that she could pass on to the baby. This is taken from her page.

"my boyfriend raped me two months back, while he was on drugs. After turning down his offers several times after the event he became enraged and for days did everything in his power to kill me. he was sent to jail, and died a few days later. I have a "Genitic Virus" if you will. unknown and unamed and uncurable. It no longer threatens anyone but me as doctors have neutralized any chance of it passing to others through contact. This is what killed my boyfriend. I must unfortunatly abort or i will die along with my child, but i was hoping to get some good advice before i did."
    Anonymous