ham and cabbage

I want to make ham and cabbage but not sure how to go about it.I have the bone and everything do i throw it all in the crockpot at the same time or boil the bone for a while first and if i do it that way do i take the bone out before putting potatoes and cabbage in?

mrsmalark

Asked by mrsmalark at 8:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I throw it all in together then remove the bone when it gets softer. The bone can add flavor to the ham and stew too so its a good thing. I also use some cheap red wine to cook the ham and cabbage in. Not alot just a little to add extra taste.

Answer by gemgem at 8:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I cook the bone first, then add the stuff to the broth afterwards. The longer you cook vegetables, the more they lose any nutrients,. so its preferable for me not to add them until later.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008