Am I overreacting?

My boyfriend and I have a 22 day old son. Currently we are moving out of state so he was gone a week then back for xmas, then will be leaving on the 2nd which i then will go out later in jan (waiting for his first set of shots) Anyways, his family has been fussy over the fact that he NEEDS to spend every day at their house and last night his sister 'kidnapped' him to some bars when i was under the impression he would be home by midnight - as the clock rolled around to 2:30, his explanation was that he won't get to see his sister for 2 months and his cousin for awhile.....now I'm not trying to prevent him from hanging out with his fam, but i am very upset for the fact he was more concerned with going out - especially late - his sister knowingly keeping him, and that he was not here with me and our son (also that we are staying at my parents house until we leave) i thought it was very rude. Any comments are welcomed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• he still has his girl friend and newborn at home. i would be upset too. your not going out andd staying late.. time for him to grow up
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No I wouldnt be upset. If I knew we were moving away and it would be hard to see his family and sister I wouldnt make a big deal about it. I live very far from my family and my dh knows when we go and visit that I am going to be up late, out later, and do things I might not normally do. Hes very understanding and caring towards me and knows my family means alot to me. I think you have to look at it from that perspective as well.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i too think he needs to grow up! he now has responsibilities & he is just assuming you have everything undercontrol just because...his sister is also the inconsiderate one as well. they can have just as much fun in a reasonable amount of time than an extended amount of time. There should be some boundries. but since you two will be moving some distance away, use your time alone to really bond with him. excuses his bad behavior this time but if it continues...be streight up about your feelings. but he shouldnt have done this anyways....it pretty inmature on his & his family's part
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would be aggravated, but would probably let it slide. Unless it has been a habit of his in the past. If it isn't something he does all the time, most likely he just wanted to spend some time with his sister. You will have him all to yourself soon enough!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• He should had honest with you and told you where he was going. I doubt his sister kidnapped him. I bet they had it planned. I can understand that if ya'll are moving out of state and he wanted to spend time with his family one last time, but he should have told you. Wouldn't it have been nice if you were 'kidnapped' by your family and went out and let loose. See how he liked that.
    JadedMom07

Answer by JadedMom07 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nope, I wouldn't be upset. I actually understand. Maybe I'm just a tad bit understanding and secure than the average.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2008