Do you feel like you are a good christian even if you don't spread the word to others?

I try to live right, I pray, I read my bible, I really want to always do the right thing, I believe in turning the other cheek but sometimes I wonder if I am doing everything I can if I don't talk to non-believers about God and his plan for us in heaven. I have the desire to volunteer to work with the needy but live in rural town where there isn't alot of options. What do you do to make yourself feel like you are doing your part?

1countrygal

Asked by 1countrygal at 8:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Live your life the best way you can--it will draw people in. God will use you, just ask him what he wants you to do and you might just find yourself in a situation where you are able to talk about Him and plant a seed.

You also have the duty to spread the word to your children and train them up :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I love the quote by St Francis of Assissi (and I paraphrase) - "Preach the Gospel at all times. If absolutely necessary, use words"

There are many different ways to evangelize. We are to spread the Gospel with Christ's love - many times, the best way to do that is with your actions. Living your life in Christ, and showing His love with every interaction, every conversation, every chore. Through you, Christ can touch your husband, his coworkers, your children and their classmates, your neighbors and their families. LOL - love can be like a virus!!!!
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 2:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No. You have to share. The ultimate goal of every believer should be to aid in the growth of God's kingdom. We are instructed to go forth and do His work. We study and pray in order to free as many captives of Satan as possible! The goal is not to just "be good" ourselves, but to bring others to Christ. Look at all of those that Jesus healed, what did they do next? Ran out and told somebody! He heals us and comforts us so that we can lend that comfort and hope to others. ( 2 Cor. 1:3-7)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• continued...
    We are soldiers in the army of the LORD, and we have a GREAT commission:

Matthew 28:19,20~~

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Faith that isn't shared, does not grow!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Its fine to talk about it with other people, but to sit there and push it on them is another thing. I am going to be honest, its annoying! Christians are not the only religion out there, and I dont believe they are the best religion either. If a Jew or a Muslim came up to you and started to preach about their religion to you on and on and on would you like it? Im guessing not...so leave it at that...
    Anonymous

• I homeschool 3 out of 4 boys and I spread the Word by being an example. Sometiimes I wonder if I am doing enough, then God reminds me that I need to focus on getting my kids saved and that will be a testament to others.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No. You have to share. The ultimate goal of every believer should be to aid in the growth of God's kingdom. We are instructed to go forth and do His work. We study and pray in order to free as many captives of Satan as possible! The goal is not to just "be good" ourselves, but to bring others to Christ. Look at all of those that Jesus healed, what did they do next? Ran out and told somebody! He heals us and comforts us so that we can lend that comfort and hope to others. ( 2 Cor. 1:3-7) GOOD JOB LEXYLEX
    Anonymous

• YES you need to preach......wow notice how lexylex used scriptures.... Thats above and beyond any MANS opinion. The word of god and his comandments are far more important than how anyone FEELS or lack of. We can make excuses but the truth is that there is so many scriptures that tell us to teach/preach to others. So i think the religions that do this just show you how much closer to doing gods they are. We who dont do this will be judged.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with Anon above. Speaking to like minded individuals or people who want information is one thing - pushing it on others is quite another, and is rude and annoying. Do you enjoy Jehovah's Witnesses at your door? No. My MIL is aggressive about being catholic, and my DH is a former catholic. There is a rift in our family because all she will talk about is why DH wont go back to the church and push it until they argue. Doing his work does not mean pushing your beliefs on others. By doing good deeds and caring for others in his name, you will be sharing the good news and bringing others closer to Christ.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008