Ever wonder why if we have all this money for bailouts for big companies why they can't help the regular working people?

The more I watch EVERYONE wanting money to save their big business because of over spending on unnecessary things the more I wonder why not send the regular hard working guy a bailout, a stimulus large enough to save their home, take care of their family a little better, pay off bills you have because of the crooked oil companies and people in the government living high on the hog, and yet we have hungry here in America, elderly that do not draw enough to survive in anyplace but housing projects, young people starting out with nothing, workers who lost everything, people in the hurricanes, fires.The war in Iraq is futile they are going to always kill! How can we rally to help our own poor people, farmers,carpenters just regular folk? Disability payments are a joke based on income to cost of living it just makes me mad doesn't it you!Not speaking of the people living beyond their means just lost income or had run of bad luck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i have wondered this also. In all reality if they just give us a nice chunk of money we're going to use it to save ourselves which will bring the economy back to normal. And it will have the people who don't have debt to spend it maybe on new cars, maybe buy a new house.. which will take care of the car factories and the forclosed homes. Just makes more sense to me!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• First of all, we DON'T have *all this money*. Money (we DO NOT have) has to be *printed* in order to follow through on the original bailout.  That lowers the value of the American dollar. So people WHO are employed are working hard for less.  Second, American People (imo) shouldn't need the government to bail them out. Just as corporations should NOT (imo). So, if we bailout Americans with the 700 billion and give it to every American that is over 18, they would get like $3,000. Do you think $3,000 would would be a dramatic enough assistance? Maybe for about 3 months, but I think people would still be losing homes, jobs, etc. Question: How do you determine who has had "bad luck" vs. someone who is living beyond their means?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I think it is a great intention. I just don't know agree with the bailout for anyone and I don't see how you set parameters to ensure the criteria you mentioned benefits.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• People who have money will pay things anyway. We don't need somebody to give us money. Maybe it's time to start to live by our needs. Like pay the house or car what we can afford .Make our kids life a little easy but some money in their account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Example:Both bread winners working at a factory that closes while they are living like they have one paycheck, person gets a medical condition with said situation and no insurance to assist with bills. ANYONE can become unemployed, disabled, I have worked for thirty five years and always paid in my taxes, everyone in my family has always did the same. So I can only imagine how the people dependant on unemployment,or disability can survive with cost of living. I have compassion for others and if had the ability I would help the people you can obviously see are struggling and have worked hard all their lives. I'm not referring to the people looking for free rides and hand outs.IF it was you would you not appreciate a hand, don't think you are above needing help it is a reality no matter how cheap you live. My home, car is paid for but if I became sick, umemployed or disabled the taxes and insurance can cause you to lose it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• While I don't agree with the bailout, the money will go to pay salaries of autoworkers. The alternative of bankruptcy would mean thousands of people hitting the unemployment roles, followed by thousands more when the suppliers went bankrupt, followed by more when stores and businesses in the area went belly up. As the autoworkers moved to other locations looking for jobs, it would eventually affect everyone in the US.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:01 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I do not agree with the bailouts. I do not agree with the mortgage companies that gave loans to people that could not afford them. And, I do not agree with the person that went and got themselves into so much financial trouble that they have lost their home. Everybody wants the white picket fence, four bedroom home and two car garage with two new vehicles parked inside. Being able to pay for it is another thing. For some strange reason we are a nation of the most unsatisfied people on this earth. Can't be bailed out by the government for being stupid.
    Anonymous

• Instead of looking for a HANDOUT..why not focus on an EDUCATION, a CAREER, owning your OWN business, and doing for YOURSELF?! Instead of EXPECTING that others who got their stuff together work HARDER so YOU don't have to!!!!

We bought a house within our means that included a sizeable down payment and low FIXED rate mortgage, pay cash, and use debit cards as much as possible...Can I have a biaalout too, so I can go on a spending spree?!??!?!

WHY do so many people think they can just spend freely, and "someone" will bail them out?! Whatever happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?! Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies.

Anonymous

• Ever wonder why if we have all this money for bailouts for big companies why they can't help the regular working people?

The current administration does not care about regular working people.  That's why they "can't" help.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Madge, How about laying blame where it belongs. It's not the "current administration" that is at fault. It's GREED.
    People need to stop living beyond their means. Take personal responsibility. We need to get people off the dole.
    Another stupid stimulus will only perpetuate the cycle of "spend, panic, repeat".
    Anonymous