How do I get my fiance to stay home more and not go out with his buddies?

He's always going out with his buddies and not doign much with the family....he doesn't even do much with his kids...

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband was like this before we got married too. He would always want to go hang out with the guys at the firehall. Now he works across state away from us so when he comes home he doesn't go out much. But he still doesn't want to do things that kids want to do. Though he is trying. He never wanted to go to the zoo but a few weeks ago I said, "why don't we call your cousins and go to the zoo with them?" Well he went and he loved it! Try finding things to do with another family and maybe he will want to do them more. As far as going out, like to hang out with the guys...probably because his friends don't have kids or a family to be home with. All Larry's friends have kids and wives now so they don't go out without us too much. They do sometimes to let off steam but not like they used to. Good luck!
    luckystar8131

Answer by luckystar8131 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• How old is he? Some men don't mature that quick when it comes to raising a family and being home. My dh is 32, and when we got married he was 30, he STILL wanted to "hang" with the single crowd. Do you have any friends that are mutual, and are married? maybe both of you can hang out with them. Have you tried talking to him about it? is there something going on, maybe he doesnt want to be there for a specific reason, like arguing and stuff? Find out the exact problem, then you can fix it!
    yasabree

Answer by yasabree at 1:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008