Classic clothes anyone?

Has anyone ever had this urge just to wear those dresses from like the olden days? Or the ones we see on films, as in the really pretty ones, different colors and so classic, from the 1800s or something. Anyone ever had this urge? Or am I just completely crazy..

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 9:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I can't say that I have ever wanted to wear one of those, but you are not alone in wanting to wear period pieces. I love the clothes for the Renaissance and I actually own a dress that my mother made for me to wear when we go to the Renaissance Festival. If you really want to wear a period piece in an everyday sort of setting without feeling "silly" then choose one or two things you really love about an outfit and incorporate it with something a little more modern. I wear a corset over a tank top with jeans and a pair or period boots! It looks great and I feel like I am wearing a little bit of history without looking like a "mead wench"... :)

MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i would love to wear one of those dresses too.. they are just simply beautiful.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yeah,you're just crazy! Just kiddin.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Long straight flowerly dresses,with little lace colars? I think I have,I like old fashion stuff sometimes. Or flapper looking dresses.
    dayann

Answer by dayann at 12:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I LOVE the Scarlett O'Hara dresses. And the kind that Rose wore on Titanic. They are beautiful and feminine. I would love for them to come back in style. Hey, the bell-bottoms had a brief come-back. At least the dresses are flattering! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• LMAO! The other night I was watching the Count of Monte Cristo, it takes place in 1850, and I was telling my friend that I wished I had been born during that era! Because I loved the way they used to dress...so you're not the only one!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 10:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008