I would like to know if any of you work from home or have a part time job and what it is? I have been doing home daycare for 11 years and would like to do something else now but I don;t want the 9-5 jobs where I won't get to see my kids much. Thanks

algirl02

Asked by algirl02 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• I work at home part time as a legal transcriptionist -- however, the office is in my home town so I think I just got lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am an Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's. I've been doing this for just over a year and I love it. I work from home, set my hours, and I've had great success with my business. You can check out my website at http://www.howreb.scent-team.com  of message me if you'd like to learn more. Becky

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have a home business with Ameriplan. We are the nation's leading non-insurance healthcare discount company. I have two little boys just 1 and 2 and they are with me all day! I love what I do and love having them here with me. The income is great too!! There is no selling, no invintory and no cold calling!

If you wanna hear all about the opportunity call (616)712-1741 and listen to a short presentation. You could also check out my website at www.DailyPayFromHome.com OR you could just contact me.

Sabrina M Bowen
    SBowen101@ameriplan.net
    724-258-6919

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am a Independent Scentsy Consultant and just love it! I have found my dream job I looked very hard for something because I have tried lots of direct sell companies but I would always run into the same problem everyone was doing it and no one would even let me talk about it!!!! Well when I started with Scentsy it was amazing 1st no one had ever seen it and 2nd it sold itself everyone loves candles! I have done very well with this company and moved up very fast and am so happy I found it! If you would like to look at my webite please do so and Pm or email me with any questions!

http://www.scentsy.com/5709
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I found some excellent resources for ideas at www.stuffformoms.info
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• staying home witht he kids is so important in this world - i do partime office work while my son is in school - then I pick him up. Then when he is done with homework I focus on my home businesses which are primarily ran thru the internet - my favorite is Monavie, they pay the best commissions and bonuses. my second is SFI - this is a real no brainer, just takes time to build - is all internet, no sales, no calls, no stocking product. I purchase my all natural products from this company and kind of fell into it - free to join - they have many different programs - you can visit my page for info on all that I do -

MonaVie - The Great Product - Opportunity Code: freedom

SFI - Primary Page - Many options - Free to join

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• After being laid off my job of ten years, my husband said that it would be easier if I just got a part time job. I work at a local fast food chain and they really work well with my son's school activites and sports. Though, I'm not making anywhere near what I made before and have no benefits, its really nice to be with my child. So, I guess I got lucky in a way. At least I'm getting to spend alot of time with him, something my other job didn't let me do.
    Raquel274

Answer by Raquel274 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I listed all the 'at home' jobs I have at  http://www.howtoearnfastmoney.info/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• If you want nights and weekends, but not a retail job, try the public library in your town. I don't know what your education is, but in our town Pages don't need a degree; if you work in the Circulation Department you may only need a few college credit hours- you may not even need that depending on the library. If you have any degree, you can work Reference. In my library you need a masters to be full time Reference Librarian, but we have people with just a bachelors work reference part time. Most libraries now are open until 9 at night and on the weekends. When I was a Reference Librarian I worked at night and on the weekends. Now I work behind the scenes in Interlibrary Loan, so my job is 9-5. But its such a great variety, and most patrons are really great and fun to work with.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Thanks for the input so far. I have dial up internet still with the hopes of getting DSL very soon. So most work from home requires DSL. Any more suggestions?
    algirl02

Answer by algirl02 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008