Is there a sound, scent, or other trigger that reminds you of your pregnancy?

When I was preggo I used a certain lotion all the time. Now whenever I smell it I am instantly transported to my pregnant days! Also, I used to get ready for work in the morning with the TV on and I would hear this one commercial every morning. The music from that commercial does it too. If I happen to be putting the lotion on my hands when the commercial is on it is twice as powerful! Do you have a trigger like this?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was very sensitive to smells, and for a long time afterwards whenever I'd open the refrigerator door I'd sniff and remember when the smell would have been overwhelming.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Cooking hamburger, I could not stand it when I was pregnant! If I saw or smelled it I would throw up.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have the same exact memory. There was this lotion that my SO would put on me whenever my belly itched, then he would bug me not to scratch. I remember those days...hehe
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Cheez-its!!! I ate the things constantly! That and peanut butter crackers (for my sugar-levels), sweet tea, and crushed ice! Oh--- I also had this weird thing at the beginning of my pregnancy where all I wanted to eat was chicken strips in tartar sauce. I still eat it from time to time, and it takes me back every time! Ya know, I was sick as a dog for most of my pregnancy, but I really LOVED being pregnant!

heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Chinese food....because if I thought about it ..it made me wanna gag. And the after taste of Burger King LOL.
    JadedMom07

Answer by JadedMom07 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The smell of raw chicken! It made me so sick when I was pregnant! Also, if I get a "jumpy" nerve or twitch in one of my muscles! I think that feels just like feeling the baby move inside of you!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes my oldest is 21 omg i had morning sickness with him up until 8 months,burger king made me sick as omg i cant say the word,now wheni smell it i think of those days
    proudgma40

Answer by proudgma40 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• yes ciggerettes smell i would throw up
    wilson06

Answer by wilson06 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Gas bubbles, reminds me of babys movements.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008