How do I talk to him about this...

My husband and I just had our first child a few months ago. My pregnancy started out fine but then I developed alot of complications. The last 6 months of my pregnancy were very hard and scary. We want to have more children but I'm afraid of getting pregnant again. I almost lost our daughter and I don't think I could live with myself if I lost our next one. I was thinking about adopting our next child. I know my husband is fine with adoption but I also know he really wants more "biological" children. I'm just scared that something would happen and I would end up losing the baby. How do I tell him I think it would be better if we adopted our next one and then someday if I feel ready I would try pregnancy again. Am I just being silly about all this ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you answered your own question. What you said is the truth and I think the perfect way to approach it. Good Luck hun in whatever happens
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• There's no need to rush into anything this soon after giving birth. I think it would be fine to bring it up with your husband and explain your fears, especially if he's in a hurry for a second child, but I'd probably also tell him you just need some time with this child before you make any decisions about more children.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2008