Any advice on Fibromyalgia or Sleep Apnea?

Just been seen for both and they say yes It looks like I have them. Just need to know what to expect. Thanks a bunch.

maryhlangley

Asked by maryhlangley at 10:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• well fibromyalgia affects people differently. My MOm and MIL both have it. My MIL whines all day everyday and uses her "pain" to get sympathy... My mom hurts in the morning, but she takes Ultram, and once that kicks in, she is fine. It also depends where you have it, my MIL has it in her head... I mean kneck, and my mom has it in her back and her wrist. They both get steroid shots to help with it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Mine bothers me in the morning, once I am up and around it kind of lets up. I have lots of trouble when it gets really cold, I have found that swimming does wonders for it. Of course it has to be a heated pool. If you have any other questions feel free to PM on my profile!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Well my daughter had sleep apnea when she was born. She stayed in the NICU for a week extra. Before we could take her home, we had to take care classes (such as cpr!) and other things . She also had to have an apnea monitor so we had to take a class for that. She went home and never had a spell...but for precautions, she was on it and caffeine meds for about 6 months.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have fibromyalgia and mine bothers me in my arms, shoulder, legs. I have a hard time walking. Mine comes in waves, like i will feel fine for a couple of months then have what i call a relaspe, and it is hard for me to do simple things, brush my daughters hair, walk up and down hills. I take Lyrica, 150mg twice a day, dont know that it really helps.  Feel free to visit me at my site, would love to chat about it, i know how it can hurt.  simple smile

Joanna106

Answer by Joanna106 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Hi momma. I've got the fibro and should ge tested for the apnea. I'm a member of a great group of ladies with fibro and chronic fatigue here on CM and we have tons of advice and support if you are interested. Good luck momma. Moms with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008