Do you dress up your dog?

I have a small Papillon dog that I love to dress in a sweater or coat made especially for dogs when he goes outdoors on a cold morning.
My DH thinks it's "gay," but I think it's cute and my dog seems to like it. He lifts his paws for the armholes and sticks his nose into the neckhole.
Do you dress your dog or do you think it's a dumb thing to do?
Please be nice in your answers.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 11:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pets

• I don't think it is dumb at all, especially since he likes it. I've known dogs who shivered when the weather got colder so their human companion would put doggie coats on them so they were more comfortable. It sounds as though your little friend likes the clothes and probably any attention it gets him. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My dog loves his clothes he has all kinds of cloths (he and our other animals are my babies seeing as I don't have any human ones yet) I just got a new puppy and can't wait to see what she thinks of being dressed up. My dog does the same thing he actually gets upset when I take off his clothes
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 11:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My DH bought a fisherman knit sweater for our little doggy so he wouldn't freeze outside here in the frozen icy tundra of Minnesota out in nowhere. He actually looks kind of cute. Once I had a puppy that I had to put on childrens t-shirts because he got a wound on his leg and I had to hide it from him so he wouldn't lic it and stuff. He looked adorable in them.
    lakewinds

Answer by lakewinds at 4:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Thank you for sharing your stories. You all are so sweet.
    We put his little "boots" on this morning and he hid on the side of the house when we let him out. I went out to see what he was up to and he had taken the boots off his hind feet...LOL. We won't make him where them if he doesn't like them...lol.
    I posted a photo of him in his new coat on my page if you'd like to see....he's so adorable!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• papillions are so cute! But um we have a great pyrenees and I've gotten her shirts..and she tears them off lol..
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have a tiny toy poodle,and he has a big wardrobe,I always dress him,he freezes if he does'nt have his clothes on,he is only 4.5 lbs full grown
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I do this only if it is very cold. I do not do it for looks but for my dog's comfort.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 2:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008