Contrations

I am getting pretty regular contractions 5-6 minutes apart with a lot of pressure on my cervix are. Sometimes a stabbing pain. My contraction are not extremely painful. But they are in my back and stomach. I did have a few hard ones, and one that doubled me over when I was walking to bathroom. Should I call to see whats up or should I ride it out a little longer. It's been going on for about 2hrs slightly more. But my back is def. killing me. I am already 3cm dilated, 40% effaced and -2 station as of Tuesday. Christmas I lost my mucus plug, or a good portion of it. Some input please. I don't want to go up there and it be nothing, I just had NST yesterday. All was good baby was a bit lazy and irregular contractions were def. showing up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB and see what he wants you to do. i'm like you, I hate going up there and it being nothing, i feel dumb. Haha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Exactly.... this one is throwing me for a loop. My first two I knew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It sounds to me as if things are starting. :) Call your doctor. 5-6 minutes sound pretty close. Don't be surprised if they slow down a little when you get to the hospital. Best of luck for a smooth and easy labor, and best wishes to mom and baby!

Answer by Bmat at 11:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• How long is a contraction? (25 seconds, 50 seconds??)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• 45 seconds about
    Anonymous

• It sounds like your body is gradually ramping up, working into labor over time. That is totally normal! :-)

Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2008