Im 4 months pregnant, and im only 16. i feel bad living threw his and i dont want to stay in school because i feel some type of way around others but then again i want an education to be something where i get older. i dont want to get an abortion because it feels wrong. My mother doesnt care what I do, thats why im so lost.

Not only that but i would of thought i learned my lesson because i got pregnant another time in 2007. i had my daughter Amber in September of 2007. It was hard for me then and its still hard now, my baby father he sticks with me all the way but i can't go threw this anymore im so confused.

LeeLeeBabi16

Asked by LeeLeeBabi16 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• keep the baby god didnt put u thru this unless he knew u could handle this. dont worry everything will be fine u just have to have faith and love u need an education to provide for ur family and give them everything u never had thats why i am still living at home i am 18 u need anything else my screenname is mom_of_one09 ok give me a message anytime i check this page everyday
    mom_of_one09

Answer by mom_of_one09 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• First of all relax honey, don't panic it won't do the baby any good. If you don't feel you can have an abortion then don't, is there local support groups around your area? If so get in contact with them. My advice would be to carry on with your education as much as possible, for the baby. And talk to the baby's father about this. Good Luck. Message me if you want to talk. Rosalie.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 11:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• There probably is a counselor at school who could advise you. Or ask a minister or social services. You are probably feeling uncertain and unhappy because you don't have a settled life and don't know what the future holds, and being pregnant doesn't help. Read lots of books about child care. Your responsibility now is to your children. Get your education as soon as you can, since part of caring for your children will be being able to support them. I am not intending to be mean or insulting, but birth control would seem a good idea since you are feeling so very upset at the prospect of this child and probably would not be thrilled at a third so early in your life.

Answer by Bmat at 11:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Have you looked into online high school courses? My best friend got pregnant her junior year and she didnt want to continue mainstream school, but still wanted her education. So she spoke with her counselor and they helped her find an online school to get her credits! So that may be something to look into. You will be ok, just hang in there and tough it out!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• What SweetPea said --- I homeschool my children, so I know --- there are TONS of online highschools out there.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Drop out and go get your GED. Its as good as a high school diploma. You had to actually take a test to get a ged but not to graduate school so in a way GED is better. But if you think you wont get your GED dont drop out.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Staying home and getting a GED might even better for you. Less stressful and more time to take better care of yourself. I'm sorry your mother is not being very supportive of your decisions either way. But I am glad your babies father is. Dont have an abortion, you did it before you can do it again. Labor tends to be faster and easier with second children. I agree about maybe finding someone somewhere you can talk to if your family is supportive. Stress can cause problems for your baby so try to as happy and healthy as you can.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Hi,
    I got preg. when I was 16 and I went to school everyday up till the day I had the baby. It was hard but finishing high school gives self confidence that a ged never will. I made it and so can you!! Hang in there. You will never regret finishing school!!!
    cainmom7

Answer by cainmom7 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Find a teen MOPS group. You will be with peers learning to cope as you are, and they have mentor moms that are much older, but that were once teen moms themselves. This would be a great support group for you. No judgement because it is all peers.
    http://www.mops.org/page.php?pageid=85
    I am involved in the regular MOPS group and it has really impacted my life. I know it would impact yours so much more. Get connected and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel sweetie.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 2:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My lil sister is 19 and she's due in May, she dropped out of highschool and because of it she has no insurance and no job. I went to school with a girl who had a baby in the middle of the school year, and for the 6-8 weeks she needed to rest after the baby came, she went on the Homebound program. ask your school guidance counselor what your options are as far as staying in school... They will WANT you to stay in school so they should be willing to help you as much as they can to figure out your options. i fnot, they are crappy guidance counselors and you should wonder whythey don't want to do their job.
    as far as your classmates thinking bad things about you, just ignore them. I know thats easier said than done, but think about it, you have more life experience than they have now and you've been through things they can't even fathom. Just chock their comments up to ignorance and selfishness and nothing more.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008