My 16 month old is teething and it seems like every time she is getting teeth she gets a diaper rash.?

i have used perscription creams, desitin, butt paste, neosporan, johnson and johnsons diaper cream, powder wtih corn starch adn medicated baby powder and sometimes helps and sometimes stays longer. She also has about 7 to 10 bowel movements a day adn the rash persistentlly gets worse from that. she drinks a lot of water a day so no dehydrated but will not drink pedialyte. ANy suggestions waht to do next??

rachaelcc

Asked by rachaelcc at 8:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wonder if it could be a yeast infection. If so then over the counter diaper rash meds won't help. Both of my girls got yeast infections at that age. My oldest always got one when she was teething. I would see the doc and he can give you some nystatin ointment, that always worked for my girls.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• She's right, nystatin works when it's an advanced type of bacteria!
    cgirlcinch

Answer by cgirlcinch at 9:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I use Arbonne's Herbal Diaper Rash Creme and it is amazing how well it works. My son has very sensitive skin and sometimes he gets such bad rashes that he gets open sores. I put the creme on and it clears right up!
    www.getresults.myarbonne.com
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Can you let her run around in no diaper to see if it helps clear it up?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• try triple paste it realy works it seems a little expensive but a little goes a long way. as for not drinking pedialyte don't worry if she is drinking water that is fine as long as she does not dehydrate.
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• First, most dr's say a rash and teething aren't connected. Most mom's will argue that. I have found that powder only makes it worse, because the powder absorbs that fluid,and then sticks to their skin. I agree with the previous answers, make sure its not a yeast infection and let baby run around without a diaper. You can also use Neosporin on bad butts, especially if it has open sores. Thats along with rash cream.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Okay, first off if you tell your Dr she gets a rash when she teeths he'll tell you it isn't so. As a Mother of four I tell you 3 of 4 of mine did it everytime. I tried really carefully to keep their diet bland when teething came around. I also left a diaper off as much as I could, cut the elastic sides so the bottom got more air when she had one on and used Dr. Smiths diaper ointment. Good luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008