Am i wrong for being mad?

Im pregnant and have been complaining of normal pregnancy pains like every women does. Well this morning i was complaining because it felt like the baby had her foot in my hip so i started saying that it hurts then my husband says " If i would have known that you were going to be so bitchy about being pregnant i wouldn't have agreed to get you pregnant" I do complain everyday about the pains but what women doesn't? Does he have the right to say something like that to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• No he doesn't. My so is being just as big a jerk. Last nite I told him if he couldn't stop being so selfish I was leaving.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would have thrown him out! I'm sorry that you were treated in that way. Pregnancy can be so extremely painful and just tiresome! Good luck and Congratulations on the baby!
    Anonymous

• Women bitch about being pregnant and their men bitch about their bitching. I think it's the same all across the board. It's all a part of being pregnant. The men don't understand because they aren't the ones experiencing it. It's so easy for them to complain about you complaining. Tell him you don't appreciate what he said to you, but being pregnant is NOT easy. Tell him instead of bitching at you, you'd like a back rub or a warm bath drawn for you..something to help you relax some. My husband never got it during my first pregnancy but he he sure did during my second. Good-luck!
    Anonymous

• My husband wouldn't be ABLE to function as a man if he made a comment like that to me. lol. All he had to do was have an orgasm for a few seconds and you have to carry the baby for 9 months, and he thinks he did YOU the favor? BAH. Seriously, he would be getting hell from me. I complain too, I say "Ouch" and he will ask whats up, I will tell him back pain, cramping, kicked, etc. He usually says something like, "Sorry love - anything I can do?" I'll tell him its not his fault.. then tease him that it IS his fault! ;) Typical exchange for us. Sorry your husband is being a jerk and isn't feeling more supportive.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Maybe you should put your foot in his hip and see if he complains about that. Sounds to me like he needs to be a little more compassionate.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Ask him if he wants YOUR FOOT UP HIS ASS. I would think that would be a lot more painful than a foot in the hip.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• With my first pregnancy, it was all sunshine and roses! I never complained! I was so happy and problem free. 6 years later I became pregnant again with #2. Man, I had pains and aches and I was just miserable the whole time. Not to mention 4 shots of insulin a day!  And I griped all the time about something!  My DH didn't say a word. I think if he had said anything like that to me I think I would have hurt him! Your DH really had no right to say anything like to you. And at this point, I'd turn it up a notch and really show him what BITCHY was! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'd tell him " if I would have known you'd be such an asshole while I was pregnant, I wouldn't have allowed myself to get pregnant by you"!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Give him your elbow right on his belly and see how does it feel. Tell him just be quiet because you are going to be that bitchy for the rest of the pregnancy. I used to tell my ex that i was going to put him in hell when i got pregnant. He took it without complaint. ( it didn't mean he did what i bitxh)
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Get this book for him. Its awesome and very funny. Its called Pregnancy Sucks for Men: What To Do When Your Miracle Makes You BOTH Miserable. Its a month by month run down of your pregnancy for men. It pretty much tells them, in a comedic way, what you are going through month by month, how you may be feeling physically and mentally, and how they can deal with it. If you can just get him to read it, its way worth it. He may still bitch about your bitching, but he can at least get a little bit of an idea of what you are going through. My husband read it and it was very beneficial. He learned a lot and started to ask a lot of questions. Got him a lot more involved in the pregnancy. Good Luck!!
    drakesmommy0624

Answer by drakesmommy0624 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2008