Going back to college

My husband wants to go to college. We have 6 kids and we need a good sized income. What would be a good field to go into, that would make a good salary and be hiring when he's done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• It depends on where you live and if you're willing to move. I have a B.S. in Business Administration and now I'm a legal transcriptionist because there weren't any opportunities in the smaller town I live in unless I had 5-10 years experience. His degree shouldn't be based on income, but what he enjoys. You don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a degree he'll end up being miserable while he's working. If he finds something he likes he will most likely get further in his career because he will enjoy going to work and have a great attitude towards it.
    Anonymous

• How is the income coming in while he's in school? What kind of schooling? F/T or P/T? How much more education does he need? what has he done in the past vocational and academic? What kind of school is he interested in? community college, 4 year etc...What grants and programs might he qualify for? For instance is he the first to go to college in his family? I think you need to go talk to a financial aid counselor at the college he is interested in. as well as perhaps vocational assessments. It can happen, but it is so difficult to do both(work and school) at a full-time pace and be an active particiapnt in the family. what are you willing to give up or take over? The kids? This is a honerable goal that needs to be discussed with your family and how they are going to assist in this change. Good Luck, I too have gone back to college as an adult it is actually kinda fun!!!.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nursing!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• copywriter. there is a course online you can do at your own pace. it pays really well you don't need financial aid and he could do this pt till he has enough money coming in to switch to ft. good luck with your choices.
    readnwritingamr

Answer by readnwritingamr at 7:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2008