Am i going into early labor?

Last night i was at the hospital with frequent contractions. They were painful but more frequent than pain. The nurse told me I was not dilating. They kept for for 5 hours, and my contractions stayed frequent and no dilation. So they sent me home saying I could be going into early labor or the could be braxton hicks. I woke up this morning the pain was worse and I couldnt even stand or walk. This is my first so I have no idea what to expect. Could they be braxton hicks? I thought those go away and are less frequent. I need advice.

ItsABoy11809

Asked by ItsABoy11809 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If your not dialating I think you will be okay. Braxton Hicks can be mistaken for real contractions sometimes.
    Anonymous

• how far along are you? If you cant walk I would call your Dr. and talk to him/her. Or talk to your docs nurse at least. Your probably ok, but if you feel like your water broke, or you have a gush of fluid come out and cant get it to stop, go to the ER! but its probably fine....I had some pretty bad contractions a few weeks before going into actual labor......dont hesitate to call your doc...thats their job! :)
    theQueenB

Answer by theQueenB at 1:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Always call your doctor and let him/her know whats going on when stuff like this happens cause when things like this happens they need to start checking you every week. That is if your at the end of your pregnancy anyway.
    Anonymous

• True Labor Contractions start in the Back and Radiate to the Front, if this is your pain Go to the ER Now!!! My Waters didn't Break until 2 min. before so that's not definte for Labor Signs not everyone 's Waters Ruptures before Labor some have to be Ruptured. You definetly could be in Early Labor but as I said Back to Front is the Big Clue.
    SabrinasMommi

Answer by SabrinasMommi at 8:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My first born, son, was 19 years ago, but I will never forget that the lamaze class doesn't tell you what to really expect. When you are in labor, you will know it. These are braxton hicks contractions with the pain probably being the baby moving into position. When you are going into labor you may have hot sweats and true labor pains are so painful it will drop you to your knees....not to scare you or anything. Once the labor is over, it is amazing the pain is gone completely. It is a true miracle and a joy.
    Kathy4

Answer by Kathy4 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009