41 weeks. still not dilated. ? whats going on!!???

Im 41 weeks tomorrow and i went to the hospital for contractions yesterday and found out that yes, im contracting and they are hitting the 60 mark on the paper, but.... NOT DILATED!! nothing at all. i am pissed off, because i was going through horrible pains, and i have to continue to go through those b/c im not dilated at all. yes, baby will come out when its time for her, but im TIRED of hearing that!!!! i am soo tired...
will i ever have this baby???
will i have to have a c-section because my body wont dilate?
and no way will i go to 43weeks so please dont tell me i might have to..
dr says she will induce on 41 and 3, but my nxt appt isnt until after 41 3. soo... how will she induce if im NOT THERE??????? ugh...

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, I don't have good knews, I was also late with my first son. I never dilated. They induced my labor for three days, and I still didn't dilate, finally did a c-section. Good knews, had a beautiful healthy baby.

Best wishes to you....I so understand your frustration.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2011

• You could go either way...either you dilate all of a sudden or you don't at all....

I didn't at all with ALL THREE of my pregnancies...nor did I contract. I ended up with c sections for all three.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 11:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2011

• I understand that you are frustrated and don't know what's going on with your body. But the truth is that MOST women, with their first babies, if left to their own devices, will not have the baby until after 40 weeks. That does not mean at exactly 40 weeks. Or even 41 weeks. The truth is we push the "due date" so hard that people do not realize that a due date is just a guess. It could be 2 weeks before. It could be two weeks after. It could be more than that. You said not to tell you you could go until 43 weeks, but it is simply the truth. If you get induced before then, that is up to you (I was induced at 42 weeks 5 days, was only 1cm, but the induction was successful and quick...only 5 hours), but it is entirely possible and not even unusual for a pregnancy to last a few weeks longer than that magic 40, and then have a normal labor and healthy baby.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• oooo poor you.....BUT labor can happen overnight and she will probably set up your induction on your next appt day. Hopefully you wont need a csection but I always dilate early so I would be puzzled for it to be no dilation at all....But whether they induce or you go naturally you will have that baby soon!
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 12:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I would not dilate either. My doctor induced me and I was in labor for 8hrs and still was not dilating at all. So my doctor told me they had to do a c-section. So I had a c-section!! Good luck to you.
    rrsjna

Answer by rrsjna at 12:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• so. what does it mean if the contractions hit the 60 mark??
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Is this your first baby? Its more likely to go over with your first. Most Drs wont let you go over 42 weeks, this also depends on your age though. Good Luck, one good thing it cant be too much longer!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• yeah most doctors won't let you go pas 42 weeks GL!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2011