should i stay with him

my bf and i have been fighting a whole lot lately. he wasnt there when i was preggo (granted we didnt find out untill a month after he went out of town) but he didnt come back till i was 8mo. he didnt sign the birth certificate..."its not too big a deal i know im his dad" he left out of town yet again when the baby was 3mo and if i wouldnt have come to him from phoenix az to minneapolis minnesota to be with him....his son wouldnt know him ....so many things are starting to pile up and if you want to know ill got into detail later but idk if i can stay

DELILAH3408

Asked by DELILAH3408 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• He's "just a boyfriend!" Dump him, file for child support, and find someone more worthy of you and your child!
    Anonymous

• It sounds as though he isn't really interested. In case you don't stay together with him, you should probably be working on making a life for yourself and your baby without him in the picture.

Answer by Bmat at 1:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Sounds like you have had to do all the work and he isnt interested. Time to pack it up and move on. Im sure theres someone out there worthy of you & your son. Go home, get child support, go back to school and start a great life.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Just from the little information you've provided, it doesn't seem like he's all that interested in having a family at this point. I can't tell you what to do --- especially w/o knowing you. Every situation is different ---- all I can say is just trust in yourself. You'll figure it all out.

I've been in a similar situation... if you'd like to talk about it, you know where to find me. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• If you fight, stay away from each other.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• To be completely honest..it all depends on how you really feel .for example you must be inlove with him for you to have to come to us for the answers if not you would have been just dumped him right on the spot. 1) you must remember that all men well most of them are dogs or jerks it comes natural to them .so there fore you can either help him get it together with the hope that sooner or later he will become a better man or throw in the towel and let yourself slowly but surely get over him .me looking on the outside would say cut him loose but i really don't know how you feel .make a list of the pros and cons of him and whatever has the most you go with that one
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 2:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Not knowing the whole story, but now that you have a child, your priorities have changed in alot of ways. You love your child and maybe it's time to find someone else to love you and that child unconditionally and without having to work so hard at it. I can understand why you spent the $ and took the time to go and have this man meet your child--I probably would have done the same for my own well-being. But, now that he has met your child, it's time to concentrate on loving your child and holding the father financially responsible for support. You just try to concentrate on raising this child in a happy home with a happy momma. Like they say, life goes on and maybe it's time. It's his lose--not yours. You have a beautiful child to share your life with--enjoy!
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• if my hubby didnt sign the birth certificate i would of been pissed! (they look like clones lol)
    You should leave he doesnt sound like he is in to you and he doesnt care about you little family beening together!
    sorry.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Would you want a daughter of your own doing what you're doing? Then DON'T do it yourself!

He's made it very clear he doesn't care. So get your child support ducks in a row and then go HOME.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• If You are be with him just for your son to know this man, you are really just asking for headache and trouble. Men don't change their mind and love you more because you have his child, don't chase and bulid the relationship base on your child. Do it for yourself, Happy kids must have a happy mom.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008