HELP... My daughter vomited on my new chennile couch!!!

Oh my goodness, my poor daughter has the flu and vomited on my new couch. Of course the protection plan doesnt cover that...grrrr.
I wiped it with dish soap and some water. How else can I get the smell out..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Rent a Rug Doctor steam cleaner. They have a solution for smells that you add to the water. Do it ASAP, if you let it dry on the couch it'll be harder to get out. My son had diarrhea and well, our new couch smells like it to this day!
    Anonymous

• they have some kewl stuuf called tough stuff its acually for cares but it works really well and will take that smell and any stain out
    Anonymous

• Fabreeze~hope she gets well soon. :(
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 3:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Folex...sold at Walmart! $5.25 a bottle.
    Comes in a tall white spray bottle. Use just a little small spritz, a soft bristle brush (if necessary) & a WHITE towel(not to transfer dyes)
    Wipe clean.
    We have been doing this with this product in our own carpet cleaning business for many years!
    Renting a steam cleaner or service certainly is a very good idea!
    Yes, you can stem clean chenille. Just don't get the water too hot. Luke warm or cold water only!
    catysnanny

Answer by catysnanny at 8:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2008