When did you transfer your tot into a big bed or tot bed? My 23 month old still loves her crib but also like to sleep on the floor? What's a good time to transition her to a big bed? Her crib converts to a tot bed.

My daughter has gone through a stage of wnating to sleep on the floor at night. As of now, she hasn't ask to do it. It's been a week and a half since she last asked. She loves her crib and has not climbed out of it at all. Her crib converts into a tot bed. Just thought I'd ask to see how other Mom's are doing it. Looking forward to any advice! Thanks! :)

ScrappinMomma69

Asked by ScrappinMomma69 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By age two all the kids were in a toddler bed.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My 22 month old girl still loves her crib too! I am going to leave her in there for a couple more months-she doesn't try to climb out of it and I feel like she is safer in it:) I have actually read about this topic and it basically said not to rush the crib/bed transition.
    My first child slept in his crib until he was completely potty trained, which was almost three years old!
    Anonymous

• I have 25 mos old twins and they love their cribs too. We plan on transitioning them to beds in the spring if they seem like they're ready.

If your daughter is still happy sleeping in hers, let her. As long as she's in a bed by age 4 let her stay in her crib as long as she's comfortable/fits in there.

Her asking to sleep on the floor could also possibly be her way of asking to sleep in a bed (which I've read when they ask it can be a good time to transition) but she just doesn't quite have the words. Next time she asks you could consider converting her crib to a bed and see what happens.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My oldest was 15 months when he went into a twin bed. The crib converts but I was pregnant with his baby brother. Pretty much as soon as we found out we were pregnant we put him in his twin bed. That way he wouldn't feel like we were kicking him out of it when the baby was born. My youngest was 17 months. We just knew he was ready. He wasn't climbing out or anything, but we were ready and he was ready. We transitioned the crib to the toddler bed. We're selling it next month when he turns 2 and we're getting him his twin bed then.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• my oldest was 14 months when he went into one
    Anonymous

• Just converted my daughter's crib to toddler bed yesterday. She will be 3 in April. I didn't want to wait until she started to climb out for fear that she would hurt herself. She did just fine last night...went right to sleep in it and is there for her nap right now.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 3:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Mine were all out of the crib at 15 months. The older two were too close to the height limit and the younger one...well, because that's when we moved the other two. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My oldest switched to a toddler bed just after turning 2, mainly because we needed the crib for her little brother (who was 10 months old and outgrowing the pack-n-play). He used the crib until he was 20 months then started climbing out. He then went to a twin mattress on the floor and his little sister, who was 7 months old, got the crib. She used it for a long time. We tried at 2 to convert it to a toddler bed but she freaked out and refused to sleep in it (she would climb out and sleep on the floor). So we put the side back on and it stayed that way until she was 2 1/2 and then she used it as a toddler bed.
    My youngest slept in the pack-n-play until she was 23 months and too big for it. She got a big girl bed after that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My 29 month old is still in her crib and is very happy there.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Mine were both in beds by two. First one cause we needed the crib for number two. Number two because I was tired of lifting him in and out.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008