Is Ginger Ale OK to drink if you are diabetic?

I got up this morning with the stomach flu and was wondering if ginger ale is OK for me to drink I am type 2 diabetic. I don't have the money for a co payment so can't go to the doctor. If you have other suggestions that would be great also. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2011 in Health

• it still has a lot of sugar in it. Check the sugar content, being diabetic...you should know how to do that.

I'd go for the diet stuff...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Your BEST bet would be to get a fresh ginger root from the store, grate it and boil it in some water. Let it stand for a few minutes, then strain and drink it, either warm or iced. That way, you are actually getting REAL ginger, no sugar, syrups, or artificial coloring or sweeteners.
    I did this a couple of months ago when I had to take 14 days of a powerful antibiotic that made me very queasy. It really helped.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• If that's all you have, then it's probably okay to drink a little, if it won't affect your diabetic condition too much.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I would get diet ginger ale.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I don't have money right now to go and buy anything and I have ginger ale in the house right now
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2011