Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surrogacy part 2....

I posted a couple weeks ago about finding info on surrogacy. My best friend has a couple of conditions and the doctor tole her she can't have kids (she's only 29). All the answers I got were of people telling me that their friends got pregnant and they had the same conditions....does anyone know of where I could find actual info on it? Would my regular doctor have it or would I be better off talking to an OB? I would do this in a heartbeat for her but have no idea where to start.

Answer Question

Asked by angiemgiu at 1:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 14 (1,381 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Are you asking what YOU have to do to be her surrogate? If it is you wanting to do this for her, as long as she approves, you don't need to do anything as far as get "approved" or registered or anything. Even though you are friends, you still need to have a lawyer right up a legal thing, but other than that, go for it! Go with her to her OB and tell them what you are wanting to do. Bataboom batabang they knock you up with her and her hubies babies. Best of luck and if I didn't answer the question you were asking, please explain it a little better for me.

    Answer by navy-wife at 2:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

  • if you want to have her baby, i believe they can put her good eggs and his sperm in you and you will carry their child. for them to have someone else have their baby it can cost thousands of dollars. id say maybe talk to your ob or maybe a fertility doctor to get started

    Answer by learae at 9:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

  • Your friend's fertility doctor should be able to meet with you and fill you in about what is involved. You could also speak to your OB if you are trying to get information before making the committment, but your friend's doctor who will be preforming the medical procedures would be able to give you the most exact answers about how things work in his/her office. I don't know if I saw your previous question, so I'm not familar with the exact circumstances of your friend's problem. If she is able to produce eggs, the doctor can remove her eggs and fertilize them with her husband's sperm and eventually implant the embryo(s) into you. Her doctor might require some basic health and psychological evaluations for you and I am sure you will need to sign some consent forms. Also, your cycle will need to be synchronized with your friend's cycle if you will be using her eggs.

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

  • I forgot to add - Good luck and best wishes. You are being truly generous to your friend!

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.