painting my nails

I'm righthanded and when I try to paint my nails with my left hand, they always end up with polish all over the place. A friend told me to put vaseline around the edges of my nails and then paint them, but that sounds kind of funny to me. Any suggestions?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 2:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I've never tried that but I will! I use a q tip and some nail polish remover after I get done and clean around the edges of my nails.
    Anonymous

• Avon used to make a corrector pen for polish. It was pretty neat, just wiped away the polish on the skin.
    GwenythsMom

Answer by GwenythsMom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I usually take a nice bath after I paint my nails and they dry real good. After soaking for awhile the paint comes off the skin around your nails real easy. But if anyone trys the vasoline please let us know how it works
    jrsmith27

Answer by jrsmith27 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I use painter's tape. It's time consuming, but you can get a really nice French Manicure.
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 3:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• when polish the skin surrounding your nails, when you apply your top coat,simply use the clear polish swiped over the painted nail/skin and immediately wipe it off the skin- you can use anything with an edge--emery board, nail stick/cuticle stick, your fingernail's edge.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• try holding a can of soup and painting your nails with them facing toward you .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Do your left hand first. When you "go outside the line" just scrap the WET color off with your right finger nail. Once your nails are dry, move onto your right hand.
    Or you can do your nail as usual and go around your "mistakes" with a cotton swab and a LITTLE nail polish remover.
    Nail polish doesn't stain your skin so you shouldn't look into buying needless products. KWIM?
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 2:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008