uhm....

i'm 29wks and 6 days and noticed when i went to the bathroom there was a wet spot...i assumed it was just discharge, but usually discharge dries and you can well...'still see it' [sorry for the tmi lol] anyways, this discharge left nothing, there hasn't been anymore, but i was wondering, what is it like when you leak amniotic fluid...does it fill the underwear, or can it just be a wet spot...

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its probably just a wet spot, but if you are really concerned consult a Dr.
    Anonymous

• I agree, probably just a wet spot. Maybe sweat or not dry enough after a shower. but it wouldn't hurt to be aware of it and call a doctor if it happens again and worries you.

Answer by Bmat at 2:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• When moms leak healthy amniotic fluid it's like water. With unhealthy AF, there is a color and/or odor.

Are you continuing to leak? Does it ever gush?

It's possible to spring a small leak and be fine. Often, they reseal. If you find that it seems unusual then consult with your care provider.

Don';t worry though. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• @ Doulala,
    it won't let me quote you .

No, I have not continued a leak since I've looked...
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• are you sure it wasn't a little pee?
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I really wouldn't worry right now. IF you see more & more, don't worry, just pay attention and follow some responsible protocol maybe.
    Baby can kick the bladder and a little pee can drip. Or like I said, it's possible to leak a dribble of AF and not be a big problem. There are 2 layers of membrane, sometimes a little tear releases a small bit.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I leaked amniotic fluid with my second. At first it was a whole whole lot, then just a little. Never in spots though. I would call doc just to make sure you just never can tell. I was about 32 weeks when I started leaking with my son and lost almost all of it along with the baby so you always want to be careful.
    brolyx429

Answer by brolyx429 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2008