Any one else lose a business

because of the mess the Bush Administration made results in the economy spiraling out of control? No bailouts for the little guy- only close up shop and move on with life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No but I bet alot more will go under with the tax hikes coming from Obama.
    Anonymous

• my parents did.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1219 pm, Obama's tax hikes will not affect small business like you think. Our business closed because we did custome luxury work and during economic hard times, no one is willing to pay for custome luxuries due to the price AND other expenses.

Obama cannot mess things up more than Bush has in the last 8 years. Obama and his Administration are basically going to be the clean up crew for the mess the last Administration made in its 8 years.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 by: Anonymous No but I bet alot more will go under with the tax hikes coming from Obama.

You need to educate yourself.  Obama's tax plan will not affect business or private citizens making $250,000 or less per year.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes, but I feel it was because of what Clinton did - allowing banks to borrow more blah blah blah - I don't blame bush. I'm not a republican either.
    Anonymous

• No actually. My husband STARTED a business in September. He's an electrician. So far since then he has made about 40,000.00. He has contracts on jobs that in the near future will bring in another 40. The people with money are still building houses. We also do a lot of praying and thanking God for what we do have. I can't help but think that has something to do with it.
    Anonymous

• I'm really sick of the Bush-bashing. FYI the DEMOCRATS had the majority vote. Why don't you blame NANCY PELOSI, HARRY REID, and BARNEY FRANK and deregulation(which the Republicans warned about!)? We're in this mess because of GREED...plain and simple!
    I'm sorry you lost your business, but it's time to STOP the blame game and take personal responsibility. Lots of businesses are closing up shop for various reasons.
    For those who think THE ONE will swoop in and save the day, you are sadly mistaken. If he continues with his "plan" of capital gains tax increase, you can kiss MOST small businesses goodbye...unless he back-peddles like he did with Big Oil Companies "punishment".
    ~ Politicians will say ANYTHING to get elected.

Anonymous

• Anon 313 pm, are you angry about who won the election? THE ONE will improve this country from the GOP!
    Anonymous

• yeah, sure...right after he walks on water! A couple of trillion dollars in debt and THE ONE wants a stimulus package. Okay, WHO is going to pay for it? Our GRANDKIDS!
    Anonymous

• Obama's tax plan will not affect business or private citizens making $250,000 or less per year. My dad is getting ready in case he raises the taxes. My dads company makes 450k a year before taxes.

Salary costs for 3 employees 170k

Office expenses 100k

Misc expenses 50k

Total 320000

130k is left over taxes come out of that. He has a wife, three kids at home and two grandkids he is raising as well. He struggles and will be cutting an employee and lowering his payroll so he can afford to live. Obama will be bad for small business owners.

Anonymous